order filter: exclude and hide specific order states, e.g. delivered or cancelled?

folks, handling of actual orders shows that it becomes more and more difficult to navigate through the orders jungle as there are many orders which are delivered and hence closed and many open orders in progress. I know that I can apply a 'positive' filter to show e.g. orders to be shipped or with pending payment. However, how can I exclude and thus apply a 'negative' filter to hide 'delivered' orders to keep the orders list clean and short?

any help is appreciated.
phil

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi,

I solved this by adding one more column to the ps_order_state table and adding few lines of code AdminOrdersController. The new column indicates that an order with specific state is closed (does not need my attention anymore). I turned on this indicator for statuses "Delivered", "Shipped" and "Cancelled". THen I added one more column to the order list with this field. Now I am able to filter based on it. I can either see all orders, or only closed orders, or the rest, which are in fact pending orders.

Principles of adding a new column are nicely described in this aricle: http://nemops.com/filter-by-country-prestashop-order-list

Applying those steps to this case makes it a lot easier.

I am no coder, so my code is rough and dirty. Even setting up the status parameter must be done manually in the database. But it works. If anyone is interested in what I did, I'm happy to share. I will not be able to give any profesional support, but still it is something.

Pavol...

Edited by pmates (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 25.06.2015 at 10:53 PM, pmates said:

Hi,

I solved this by adding one more column to the ps_order_state table and adding few lines of code AdminOrdersController. The new column indicates that an order with specific state is closed (does not need my attention anymore). I turned on this indicator for statuses "Delivered", "Shipped" and "Cancelled". THen I added one more column to the order list with this field. Now I am able to filter based on it. I can either see all orders, or only closed orders, or the rest, which are in fact pending orders.

Principles of adding a new column are nicely described in this aricle: http://nemops.com/filter-by-country-prestashop-order-list

Applying those steps to this case makes it a lot easier.

I am no coder, so my code is rough and dirty. Even setting up the status parameter must be done manually in the database. But it works. If anyone is interested in what I did, I'm happy to share. I will not be able to give any profesional support, but still it is something.

Pavol...

Hello, 

I was looking for this, could you explain how you did it. I didn't understand how to add columns.