Custom subcategory image size not showing up in the Back-Office

Ben

Hi everyone ! 

I hope I post in the right section, although I'm not sure... 

I've created a custom picture size, to use as in a subcategory listing (cf. attached new_picture_size.jpg). I've specified that it was meant to be used for the categories. But when I try to upload an image with the new size, there is no field with the appropriate name or with the appropriate dimensions (cf. attached category_pictures.jpg). I tried emptying the cache, regenerating the pictures, but the problem remains.  

Am I missing something obvious ? I'm quite a noob in Prestashop... 

A few details : it's a Prestashop 1.7.2, with a custom pro theme (even if I'm not sure it has anything to do with the theme...). 

Any help would be appreciated :)

new_picture_size.jpg

category_pictures.JPG

The custom image size create a image with that size for image on the reference but you dont see it on the backofice

Custom Image Size is a new size for you category image not a different image on that size

add 1 picture on the category and check on img/c  search the category id to check the new size is created

Hi Jgamio, thanks for this quick answer. 

So I misunderstood the way this functionnality works. I thought adding a custom image size would allow the upload of an extra image that would have been used somewhere else on the website (in the listing, for instance). 

As the theme uses the main category image as a long banner (1920 x 313px), the same image, even if it is resized, cannot be used in a listing made of square pictures.

I'll have to find another way, maybe using the small picture of the category. 

Gracias anyway for clarifying that point :) !