Thousands of combinations and site crashes

petek

I have products available in 3 colours, 8 sizes, 16 other options available in each colour and all this coupled with another option gives a total number of variants, or combinations, of 9450 ! Result, the site crashes when I try to view the product and its impossible to modify the product options in the back office because that's unavailable too. I didn't have this problem on another site powered by Zen Cart. Does this mean Prestashop is only capable of administering a limited number of product options ? If that's the case then so be it and I'd better move to another platform as the site has to be up and running by the beginning of next year. I'd just like to know before I do anything drastic. Thanks

Indeed presta has problems with too many attributes. With presta 1.4 it seems to be work better. I solved this by another way. I don't have attributes and combinations anymore. Each product is a product, and customer can use filter possibility to choose their product. Filtersearch you can find here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/57298/job_offers_and_paid_services/filter_search_2_dot_1_enterprise_edition_has_launched

no. there ist also a community version, which you can dowlnoad for free on ejectore.com. you can search by filtersearch comunnity version. I'm using this one at the moment, and it works fine.

Thanks. OK, found it but the demo is no longer available so I don't know how it works !