Category images in the home page

Hello, i wonder if there are any way to show the categories as images, their own images instead a name list. Of course if i click on a category name, i see it pic and the products on this category, but i need to show this images on the home page
I have a few categories with no subcategories, and i`m using the moon template.
Any idea
Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

sorry i'm really new to this and want this categories on the front page. i have a mate who is a little more clued up than me but were both a little stumped as to how we get the categories 3 or 4 wide. at the moment it just shows far left 1 on top of each other.

Please help.

i'm trying to use the moon theme if this makes any difference!

Cheers

I tried and it works perfect, but i have a new problem now.
I would love to show the meta tags (Meta title, Meta description, Meta keywords) when i show the categorie name.
Really, i have no idea how the $category object i send to the smarty template, becomes the $categories objetc there). I just need to add this fields to the $categories object at the template.
Any idea?
I was looking for the prestashop api, but i cant find nothing.
Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I would very much like this module to work, I'm using PS 1.3.7. But when installed all I get is "no categories" on the home page, even though the number of categories in BO is set to 10. See pic http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/da4095/Nocategories.jpg

Is there anything I can do to get it to work? Or does anyone know of another paid or free module that does the same thing?
Thanks.