From live to localhost. Error500 and blank page

Lano

Hi, I just created an online shop on local. I uploaded it, checked it and everything worked fine. I had to do some minor changes in style, I did them by ftp on the server itself, didnt work on local for that changes. 

Now I have big changes coming up, so I decided to set the local environment to work locally before uploading. 

Fot that, I decided to download the latest version of my prestashop online by ftp and installed MAMP. 

My steps were the following: 

- Installation of prestashop 1.6.1.18 in htdocs folder. 

- Creation of databse on PHPmyAdmin. 

- Database and prestashop linked. Tables from ps installed. 

* in this step i go to localhost:8888 and can see default-bootstrap theme. The BO works perfectly as well. 

Now the tricky part where I must be failing somewhere: 

I copy the folders (img, upload, download, modules, mails and themes from my server) to my localfolder on htdocs. 

In PHPmyAdmin I go to the database and change the value of the tables: 

- ps_configuration, ps_shop_url, ps_shop_domain, ps_shop_ssl 

I put localhost:8888 instead of my live website. I get an error 500. If i change the value to localhost, it just goes to a web that says "It works". 

At this point I tried to import my live database to the local one. No changes. 

I left it the way prestashop left it with the instalation a link with my localhost. No changes either. 

After this, I check settings.inc.php and nothin, my values are ok, I tried with the root user and with the one I created. Nothing. I get an error 500. 

When i try to access the backoffice the issue is that no style is loaded. No images nothing. Just plain text with the login form on text. 

I´ve been looking diferent approaches to this error, but nothing seems to work. 

Im totally lost now, thank you for your time and sorry for my english level. 

Edited by Lano
spanish words (see edit history)