Getting language upgrades to work

Hi, I'm new to prestoshops and was just assigned by my new job to try and setup a new shop for them.
So I have set it up at www.dsan.dk/prestoshop/ as a test environment to learn how it works and later style it on my own.

But first I want to use the Danish language pack, but for some reason it won't take it.
To sum up what I how I did:
I went to Translations page under tools in the back office.
I browsed to the da.gzip file on my desktop and choose import.

It then came up with a green dialog box that said: "Translation added successfully but the language has been not created".

And now I don't see the language pack anywhere, I double checked that the folders had 777 rights on the server.
So where is it going wrong ?

Best regards Dsan

Hi,

Do you have a da.php file in themes>yourtheme>lang> ?

I have sv.php is for my svenska installed language, en.php for english and so on. I have noticed when you import a language from scratch it wont apply there by it self. If you not have it you need to put the file in this message. This file is from the danish language pack. Just downloaded. Put it in and check your languages again. It should work.

Good luck!

Stefan

da.php.zip

You can get the danish translation here: http://www.prestashop.com/en/downloads/

I just tried to install it in to a 1.3.2 presta installation and it works well exept it is lacking the file you can see in the image.

Go to admin>tools>translations and then import a language. Then goto admin>language>and click on the text "danish" then you will see what is missing. Should be the da.php right?

You can find the da.php inside the language folder under themes>lang or use the one i attached in prev post - they are the same.

if you do this it should work ;)

32301_fEZ5BBwczQwhVABr6cmE_t