Event listings and sorting

I'm trying to setup a presta shop with both a store and community area which will list upcoming concerts, DJ bios etc.

Right now I'm hacking it all together with the CMS editor which is not very quick and lacks many features. I'd like to be able to set it up so that users could sort through event listings by several categories such as date, venue, etc. I'd also eventually like to have some sort of back end setup so that I can simply fill out a form with info like date, venue, name, description, attach a pic. And have it automatically add the event following a standard layout without me having to manually set it up. The main priority is to offer sorting and not have to use the cms editor to set the events up.

I'm not even sure where to begin or what to search for so any help is welcome

Thanks,
Victor

I understand your request.
I think Prestashop is not particularly designed to and being strong at blogging.

for myself if i have the same concern with you,
I would suggest you to duplicate all headers things the same, and move your blog thing under something like wordpress.

so that in your navigation, when you click blog, the page is actually outside prestashop.
this is my thinking...

dear all, suggest me if anyone has a better solution...