paypal currency not supported (SOLUCIONADO)

principe3000

Hi.

I have the following versions in my store:

PrestaShop version: 1.7.3.1

PayPal v4.3.3  

My default currency is Dominican Peso and when paying with paypal the conversion to dollars is not made and the error is displayed: "Currency not admitted"

I need to configure or force by default the currency for payments in paypal to USD. 

I need help to do this. I have read several post on this topic, but in the version that I currently have, there is no folder or directory "modules / paypal / express_checkout" to make the changes they have suggested. 

Please Help.

Thanks.

Edited by principe3000 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 15/4/2018 at 2:29 PM, principe3000 said:

Hi.

I have the following versions in my store:

PrestaShop version: 1.7.3.1

PayPal v4.3.3  

My default currency is Dominican Peso and when paying with paypal the conversion to dollars is not made and the error is displayed: "Currency not admitted"

I need to configure or force by default the currency for payments in paypal to USD. 

I need help to do this. I have read several post on this topic, but in the version that I currently have, there is no folder or directory "modules / paypal / express_checkout" to make the changes they have suggested. 

Please Help.

Thanks.

Hello, did you fix it?

• 3 months later...
On 10/5/2018 at 4:58 PM, principe3000 said:

1- Go to  International - Localization - CONFIGURATION - Select default currency = USD.

2. Go to Payment - Preferences - Paypal Check Shop default currency

The first step is not needed, just select a supported currency at "Payment - Preferences - Paypal"

• 1 year later...

Hi.

I also have the same problem that have principe3000

These are the data version :

• PrestaShop version: 1.7.6.4
  • PayPal v5.1.2  

My default currency is Costa rican colon and when I try to pay, I get the following error: 

[10605] Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
Mensaje de error adicional: Receiving country does not support the transaction currency.

I had readed a lot of post, but it's not possible to resolve this.

Please Help.

Thanks a lot!

22 minutes ago, joseantgv said:

What do you have at "Payment - Preferences - Paypal"?

I have this in PayPal Preferences:

image.png.4bbe384d32996591663d637b5430ec6d.png

When I pay in USD, I don't have problems, but I'm interested in paying with Costa rican colon (Colón costarricense).

Using costa rican colon:

image.png.5c2be77a03ccde4500590a6eab1091d5.png

I configured the USD currency only for test, but in the shop we will not use USD.

Thanks!

Edited by ticowow (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Hello, I have a similar issue. 

My store has two currencies:

1. Cordobas (NIO) with currency ID 3 set as default in my store. 
2. Dollars (USD) with currency ID 5.
When USD is selected as currency, checkout works ok, no problems, customer are able to complete the transaction, but,
When NIO is selected as currency, customers aren't able to complete their transacion and end getting Paypal Error 10605, just as TICOWOW reports above. 

I have tried editing process.php located at /modules/paypal/express_checkout per other posts, but I have not had luck. 

I have PS 1.7.6.7 and PayPal module V170.4.7

If someone has resolved this, please help! :)

Thanks

Sorry, forgot to mention, I need that when customers select NIO as currency , I need that the paypal module accepts the payment and does the conversion to US dollars. 

Thanks again