Change Colour of Combination Box

Hi -- I have products that have various combinations (by size and by colour) and, therefore, there is a combination box on the product page to the right of the picture. The box contains the price, the choices, and the reference number. Above the combination box is a box that shows swatches of all of the available colours. I have two questions: (1) how can i change the background color of the combination box; (2) is there a way to move the colours box so that it is to the right of the combinations box (i.e., that the two boxes are side by side instead of one on top of the other)?

Thanks

Hi -- I figured out part one of my previous post (how to change the background colours in the combinations box). Basically, I used Kompozer to import the global css as a linked style sheet, and then through trial and error, I looked at and played with the background colour of the different rules. If I had the skills, I'd be able to open the global css, understand it, and mark it up, but I just don't have those skills . . . I'm very new at this. Which is why I still have no idea how to move the colour selection box so that it is to right of the colour/size combination box instead of on top of it. Any help would be very much appreciated.