Can I Duplicate my site to have a different domain name?

Can I Duplicate my site to have a different domain name?I set up a website a few months ago using Prestashop. Having just got round to looking into Search engine optimisation I am lead to believe that by not having a .com or a .co.uk my site will be disadvantaged when it comes to search results in either the UK of USA, which are my main target areas. The domain I have has the spanish suffix (.es).
I would therefore like to register a completely new name with the same hosting company, but go for either a .com or .co.uk. Once this is done would it be possible for me to upload my existing site to the new site and just change the names refering to the old site?

Should i run both sites once i have registered the second, would both sites be compromised by the fact that both have exactly the same contect? Would I be better "killing off" the original donor site?

Finally exactly what steps would i have to go through to duplicate my site on the new one?

Many thanks for any advice?

I think the search engines may consider a duplicate site as duplicate content. I would suggest that you get the domain names you want and set up a different unique home page for each domain. All the links should point to your original site though for shopping purposes.

If you wanted to copy the site to a different domain, you would need to change some of the wording on each page, plus you would still need to change the links for the new domain.

This is my guess.