Upgrading from 1.0.0.8 to 1.3.2.3

Hi,
Sorry for my poor english and my contratulation for your excelent shoping system :) I will try to explain the problem i have while upgrading my shop.

I followed all the steps but it seems there are some problems in the installer. My production/dev system is MySQL 5.1.30 with PHP/5.2.8 and currently running Prestashop 1.0.0.8. Im now testing offline a complete migration to the 1.3.2.3. but some errors happend.

The first thing that seems to be wrong is the installer. They detect previous version (thank to settings.inc.php from old version as suggested) and check correctly all the stuff. When i accept to proceed to migration (in step 3) i can see all green arrows so it should be not a problem to migrate. So i click "next" button and wait for process. Okey, here the installer NEVER finish, continue showing the progressbar picture and don't tell anything. After a while wating for any message, i decided to go in another tab (without closing the installer) to the new shop and i can see it working, so probably there are an upgrade doing something. My database seems to be fine, but not all the tables is ok, missing some registers. Probably due to installer don't finish the job? In fact, i have my customers and orders details ok, but for example, i got bad SQL query when i go to Customers tab or Orders tab and many others. I've also compared table structures and it seems the are not the same from my version to the newer in many tables.

I enable MySQL debug and i can see a lot of query errors in many parts of the admin panel and the front as well.

I think the installer don't finish the job and there is the problem (i think). My question is: since i absolutly need to migrate my database (and keep all the data!) in order to use latest version, can i do the database adjustment by hand based on the sql files located in /install/sql/upgrade/ ?

I think you check for current version (in this case 1.0.0.8) and then apply from 1.0.0.8.sql to the last (1.3.2.3.sql) in order to modify the whole structure of the database. This is correct? Maybe a bug on the installer, i don't know, but I really wait for a reply in order to make the new v1.3.2.3 work :)

I can post any setting, info or any other information if it can help.

Many thanks for your time and any reply will be very apreciated.

Regards

Hi,
After a while figuring how to execute all the remaining querys, i found a little solution. I followed these steps in order to execute all the querys:

- In a local instalation, I placed a fresh v1.3.2.3 in a folder
- Since my database is huge, i used mysqldumper to create and import my old 1.0.0.8 database
- Here is the trick: Insteed of running the prestashop installer, i created a new text file in Notepad ++ (you can use window notepad if you like, NTP++ is more flexible)
- Open "install/sql/upgrade" and locate your sql file version. Im my case is 1.0.0.8.sql
- In your new text file, paste all the data of the sql file and then append all other files content too (from yours, to the last one. Don't paste previous versions!!!)

Now you have a new sql text file allmost ready to do the upgrade. The last step is setting the table prefix. Use the "replace text" option of your text editor and replace "PREFIX_" to "YOUR_PREFIX". I Mean, if your table prefix is "ps_" (default) you must replace all "PREFIX_" to "ps_".

Once done, you can save your new file for later, but you basicaly need to copy all the content and paste it in the phpMyAdmin SQL option to execute it. If you want, you can use bigdump.php freedly available on the net.

I got two errors in my case like "duplicated key for X", i just skipped this line and continue with the rest and just work fine for me. As i can see for now, all the shop and backoffice is working with my original data, but i need to see if all parts and all data is really correct, but looks good for now.

Please keep in mind that is just a trick for database migration only. All your other stuff like modules, modified files etc will not be upgraded at all. I hope this help someone that need to migrate from old versions and sorry fo auto-solve the problem :)

Best regards from Spain.
Prestashop Team roulaise! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Okey, after days of polishing a lot of custom improvements on the new shop (in local mode) i've uploaded it and my surprise was that my current hosting provider have PHP 5.2.16 and as prestashop team says, there are a login problem. Everything work like a cham (back and front office), but when any user log in the front, i got a "Fatal error" en the middle hook.

It is suposed to have a bug issue on this PHP version but i would like to ask where the hell is the problem here? I've try smarty debug, PHP E_ALL on, DEBUG_SQL and nothing... NOTHING! Just a clearly "Fatal error" on the middle of the page. Contact form seems to be working even loged, but any other page show this error. I can see category tree and few modules at the bottom of it like trades, info block. There is no way to debug this problem.

Can any tell me where is the code piece that shows this error in order to fix it? Thi may be very usefull for many people if I have allmost one aswer.

Many thanks for your time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have been a help to me - I wil give it a try I have really wanted to upgrade from 1.0.0.8 to 1.3 for ages but it always failed.

I only have a small shop 20 products and 100 customers - would to offer your services to upgrade me? how much for your time £

Thanks Mike