Need Shipping Help

We're going to offer free shipping on our site at http://www.horcherlifts.com/lifts-slings and I've added the carrier (UPS), only United States is enabled. There is only one zone (USA). But when a customer places an order, it's saying that there's no carrier for their area regardless of where they are. I went into the Carrier tab and selected the carrier (UPS Ground) and it shows the zone of USA, but when I checkmark it and Save it, it won't stay checked. I save it and then when I go back in, it's unchecked again. I've even deleted UPS as a carrier and added it back in, but it still does the same thing. Any ideas?

Also, I made sure that all of the states are attributed to the USA zone. I also checked the UPS plugin for anything that might set it off and it seems like I've tried every combination of things checked on and off. I'm not scared to go into PHPMyAdmin if there's a way I can force UPS to be attributed to that zone. I just don't know where that is. I went into PHPMYAdmin and eve in the shipping zone area it still shows Next Day Air and 2nd Day Air options back in the database even though it was deleted from back in the admin area. Maybe I just need to reindex the database since I made so many changes.

Anyone have any ideas?