help with matrice theme please.

Hi, i am new to prestashop and am trying to install the matrice theme. I have uploaded the matrice theme to the themes folder via ftp. I have also installed the zip modules from prestashop back end, however i really am stuck when it comes to the hook postitions or what they even mean!

My web site is here http://www.bark-supplies.co.uk/ and it doesnt look right, any help?

Thanks

Si

Hi mate my first post so bare with me lol. Also i am brand new to this forum and have some questions on the same theme but will do that on another post.

By the looks of it you have not installed the proper theme, when you are in your admin go to apearences and make sure you select matrice theme.
The hook i found hard to do as its all in french. What i did was use the images and versions an went from there.

Installing the modules i had to rezip them and manualy install them if that makes sense if not then please let me know and i will help you. the matrice them should look like this www.feelgood-lingerie.co.uk

Hope some of this helped.

Good luck mate.

• 3 weeks later...

Your link doesn't seem to work. However, hook is like a housing to your modules.

On the theme you are working on, you need to go to back office>Modules>Positions> Transplant a module. Then choose a module and hook it into the position according to the "hook.gif" image.

For example, in the Homepage Content hook you have two modules. On the Transplant a module page, choose a Module from the drop down menu e.g. "Home text editor" module and then go to the next drop down i.e. Hook into, then you choose "Homepage content".

Do this for all the modules listed in the hook.gif so your final hook list page looks similar to it.

If you still can't understand it perhaps download these pages for more detailed visual explanation. Hope it helps.:)

• 8 months later...

Hi guys, this is my first post and I'm very new to Prestashop program. I'm having some trouble with the theme. Actually when i first installed it, it was fine and I loved it. I couldn't figure out how to change the editorial text so i installed the Black and White theme instead.

Now when I tried switching back to Matrice theme, I don't have anything (just blank in content area) on my home page but "cart", "your account", and "top menu". I'm suspecting that I have changed the modules when I installed the Black and White theme but I couldn't restore the default settings.

Please help me, I really like the Matrice theme. :(

Thank you in advance!