Link to jQuery JS from Google's API library

Hi,

Currently Prestashop links to the jQuery code via: /js/jquery/jquery-1.2.6.pack.js

However, I would like to link to jQuery from Google's hosted API library. I looked through the header.php file and I don't understand where I should make the changes.

Like for example to: http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.2.6/jquery.min.js

(I can't find the packed version of it?)

How do I do link to this for all pages on my site?

Thanks!

I wouldn't recommend using the google hosted one, unless you have a copy of jquery on your own server as a backup. Google is known to be blocked in some countries, and the server can sometimes contain a version which may have bugs.

Consider adding a condition if you do change it. I think the file is included from a core tpl somewhere in the templates folder.

I wouldn't recommend using the google hosted one, unless you have a copy of jquery on your own server as a backup. Google is known to be blocked in some countries, and the server can sometimes contain a version which may have bugs.

Consider adding a condition if you do change it. I think the file is included from a core tpl somewhere in the templates folder.

Thanks for your reply :)

OK, so what about using another API? Like Microsoft?

I would be linking directly to a certain version of jQuery - so the bugs shouldn't be a problem.

What condition do you mean?

Microsoft is probably less likely to be blocked than microsoft (I could be wrong so don't take my word on that), but what I mean by a condition is a conditional include statement.

So instead of including a [removed][removed] in the tpl of main header, making an if statement to check if the file has been included from google and if not use local javascript, something like:

[removed][removed] 
{!if($) /* jquery global variable doesn't exist */ 
[removed][removed]  
}

EDIT: My html tags are replaced with removed for some reason :ohh:, dunno where it says removed I put basic html for linking a javascript file.