Constantly getting Kicked out of admin and told to re-log in

Orian1

Hey everyone

I am using 123-reg as my hosting company, and everything has been fine for 3 weeks worked perfectly up until 6 hours a go. The problem is I keep getting kicked out of my admin page after like 3 different tab browses and told to re-log back in. The weird thing is I didn't change any settings, did not play with any code, so this has to be some external influence right? Could changes on their Apache server be effecting my admin page?

Does anyone know why this could be happening?

Thank you all for your time in advance

Orian1

Hello, I have tried another computer running chrome (same as mine) and tried firefox on original computer all giving having the same problem,

I found this post, where it says to delete everything else other than " tools>smarty>compile apart from index.php" but in my directory there is only index.php anyway...

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/70389/configuring___using_prestashop/solved_admin_page_loops_on_login

[EDIT][EDIT][EDIT]

I was apparently looking into the wrong folder, after deleting everything other than index.php I still have the same response from both chrome and firefox, same computer.

To add to the list of symptoms, sometimes when I try to log in, it prompts the login process more than once
and another symptom, if I ignore the login and delete the URL properly to just enter the back office index I get full entrance with out a logging prompt

[EDIT2][EDIT2][EDIT2]

More information, the URL changes to

login.php?redirect=index.php?tab=AdminStatsModules&token=5c34895cdc953f2fc56f1be1598b0955&module=statsvisits
when I get kicked out

Hello again guys, I have realised what the above URL means now simply redirect to that site if login is correct type of statement.

I have found a similar problem posted by somebody else, check this out.

By shaun

The login problem had me puzzled and after pretty much trying everything, I noticed in the error log in my cPanel that there was a reference from my login.php file to my “favicon.ico” in the public directory. I took a shot and dropped the favicon.ico in the public directory and have since successfully been able to connect to my back office and stay logged in, even after changing the password. I can’t explain it, all i know is that it works. I did replace the login.php and password.php file with the default 1.2.5 version and also delete my current cookie beforehand.

After checking my servers error page I also have the same thing,

Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+5.1;+en-US)+AppleWebKit/534.3+(KHTML,+like+Gecko)+Chrome/6.0.472.62+Safari/534.3
www.xxxxxxxx.com 94.136.40.243 - 2010-09-21 01:16:38 GET /favicon.ico - 404 17063 - Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+5.1;+en-US)+AppleWebKit/534.3+(KHTML,+like+Gecko)+Chrome/6.0.472.62+Safari/534.3
www.xxxxxxxx.com 94.136.40.243 - 2010-09-21 01:16:39 GET /favicon.ico - 404 17063 - Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+5.1;+en-US)+AppleWebKit/534.3+(KHTML,+like+Gecko)+Chrome/6.0.472.62+Safari/534.3
www.xxxxxxxx.com 94.136.41.243 - 2010-09-21 01:16:45 POST /admin232/login.php redirect=index.php 200 4940 http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/admin232/login.php?redirect=index.php 

from the /favicon.ico - 404 17063 - Im guessing that the 404 stands for cant get, In the post above he suggests he removes the favicon from the public file which seems to of have helped, but I already dont have favicon on the public file, so I added it to see if it will stop complaining, but no, no changes at all.

I then tried deleting the favicon from image, changed nothing, I changed the favicon, problems still there ,

I replaced login.php and password.php from a fresh file, it changes nothing
He suggests that he got the login.php and password.php from the 1.2.5 install, does anyone know where I can get this file from? It does not seem to be on this site.

if this new info rings any bells in anyone mind, I would love the input.

Thank you all for your time.