Paypal and Japan shipping

mkd360

Hi,
I just opened an sport store of a italian soccer team, and i have a problem with shipping in Japan.
i use paypal for payment and when a japan user click on paypal button gets this error message from paypal:

Return to Merchant
Error message
Unable to process your payment. Due to invalid shipping address provided by Merchant, Merchant contact
Please. Merchant is required to have an order shipped to this address.

It seems that paypal doesn't accept address, because japanese address are different from western address.
I use PayPal module, not PayPalApi.

Someone know how can i send correct address to paypal for japanese people? or force paypal to accept the address in western style?
I have another shop in Virtuemart and paypal japan accept address without problem.
thank you

• 2 months later...

Hi
I have exactly the same problem. At first i considered my paypal account was at fault so i upgraded to a business account...still a problem.
I now agree with you that the format in Japanese addresses is differently displayed and as yet i cannot see a solution.
My business is now affected as i have dealt with Japan via ebay with no problems and i am losing customers due to this problem.
Incedently if a customer uses his paypal account direct, there is NO problem
Please someone if there is a fix please post to me
Thanks

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue, but it's not from Japan.

Unable to process your payment. Contact the merchant because the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid...

So far I got two customer from Brazil and Canada that had this error.

This is weird, never had this since I opened a store about years ago, now it's appear suddenly.
For reference, my carrier is eMail-Express
and I have added all the zones:
Africa
Asia
Europe
Oceania
US

Any solution will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advanced

• 2 months later...

Anyone got a solution for this? I still got this issue with Japan customers not able to shop.

I wonder if I should go in and change the addresses manually, but I wonder if anyone know the correct format that would be accepted?

It seems most Japanese customers have typed the address with both English and Japanese letters. Might this be the cause?

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...