Importing CSV in existing categories

EHS

Have anyone an example of an csv file (syntax) where products are imported into existing categories?
I have 9 categories with appr. 30 sub categories.

My CSV file (1 record)

1;1;AB287;Serverdelar och �vriga produkter, Ethernet Adapter;1987,50;25,00;0,00;1;99,375;5%;2010-09-01;2010-09-30;AB287;AB287;EHS;HP;;;1;1;AB287;AB287-60001 / AB2874 / AB287-69002;;;HP;Hewlett-Packard;http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=;i lager;1-2 veckors leveranstid;http://www.google.co.uk/imghp?um=1&hl=en&rlz=1T4SNYK_en-GBSE361SE367&biw=1263&bih=559&tbs=isch:1&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi;=&oq;=&gs;_rfai=;Rekonditionerad

If I have one level category as example "Apple" the imports works fine, but with more categories with sub-categories and "swedish language" it doesn't work. So how should a correct CSV file look like?

ITDELAR RR.csv

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ehs,
I am having a similar problem, it seems that when importing products the category you apply yo it is added to "Home" and not to that category already on the site.
Is it possible to add products to an existing category or will it always add a category from the csv file. How do I add products to an existing category on my site?

Hi, thank You for that, although my problem with image upload is slightly different.
I didnt understand it clearly I think.

I upload products from CSV file and indicate image url in it. Image adds to the product but doesnt become a cover image and previous images of this product are still hooked up and show in search results in the store.
I dont really understand how uploading works - what get overwritten what doesnt. By now all seemed to work fine, but this indident had put some shadow over this process to me.

Would You know how to deal with it?