<SOLVED> Hack attempt: "no default carrier

Himbo

Before you all go mad, I HAVE searched and tried the posted answers, however nothing is working on carriers, allow me to explain.
I HAVE deleted all carries as soon as I set up my shop, in an attempt to re add my own, however, when I add my own, nothing is showing in default drop down,
ROCKY, I love your advise and it has helped me no end as I have searched my problems on here you have them all answered already :-)
However I have tried this,

Perhaps you accidentally deleted the default carrier? Try going to Shipping > Carriers, select a default carrier, then click Save.

I dont get a default carrier drop down even tho I have selected one in Back Office >> Shipping >> Carriers
I have also followed
Edit each carrier and make sure they have the zone ticked for the currently-logged-in customer. Also, make sure the carriers have weight or price ranges (depending on whether your shipping is by weight or by price). Then go to the Shipping tab, select each carrier in the dropdown, enter the prices for the ranges, then click Save. The carriers should then appear.

Having followed this to the letter many times I still have no drop down default carrier in Carrier options as shown in this screen shot.

I am about to delete my shop and try one more time, any help you give is as always appreciated, thank you :-)

29458_5upmT2VMD6ffkkX0oWnm_t

OK so having followed this post http://www.mikewagan.net/2009/07/prestashop-remove-default-shipping-fee-being-added-to-total-price-at-shopping-cart/
to the letter, I can now see 'shipping hack' as an admin option, however on the front office I still get this message,

There are no carriers available that will deliver to this address!

Its very frustrating re tracing all the steps of advice to still find nothing working as it should, I have disabled all states, I have disabled all countries except the UK I have followed all the advice I can find, what am I not doing? What have I missed?

I have solved this by editing my country, Back Office >> Shipping >> Countries
changing NOTHING but re saving the data, it seems the bug needed a definate sequence of events to 'reset' it, so I have left this topic with the steps I took to maybe help you :-)