JS Zipcode Verification Authentication.tpl

Hi all,

Prestashop version 1.6.1.7

I'm experiencing a bit of an issue with both my production site and my staging site. I'm not sure when it happened but at some point my zip/post code verification stopped working on my authentication.tpl file. Regardless of what I input in the zip code field I get a red outline around the box and a red cross however the user can still submit regardless of this. I've seen a few posts relating to issues similar to this but none of which solve my problem.

The strangest thing I found is that the zipcode verification on the address.tpl page still seems to be working properly. It's just the verification on the authentication file that is causing problems.

A lot of the threads I have read mention either adjusting or replacing validate.js or statesManagement.js. I've tried making the suggested changes, replacing with their amended version and even replacing it with my bootstrap file as well as the latest version of the file available on the github for 1.6.x none of these solutions have resolved my problem.

It's worth mentioning that we're an international company so we need to handle countries that have states and those that don't. The reason I bring this up is that one solution this problem I found removes or enforces states.

Any guidance on this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

You an see the problem in action here on our staging site http://bit.ly/2FkGvLW

Steps to replicate issue:

1. Enter a fake email address in the account creation field
  2. Select Andora as the country
  3. Try to enter "AD500" (CNNN) in the zipcode field