Screen pop-up that covers up product selection

Hi there,

I was wondering whether anyone can advise: on my prestashop site (www.precisely.org.uk) anyone that uses an older operation system or internet explorer only sees a grey bar appear over my product selection whenever they click through to one of my sites. Once the mouse is hoovered around (e.g. over the shopping cart) the grey window disappears but as this is difficult to work out customers just leave my site.

Can anyone advice how I can disable this functionality in prestashop? Within the grey bar the following is being shown: specials, top sellers, contact us, about us, etc

Thanks for your help
Ulrike

Hi mate!

I have checked ur website with a program called "IE Tester". It allows you to see how your website looks in all versions of Internet Explorer.

I see you got problems with IE 6. The whole site is almost gray and u cant use it.

The reason why it is like this is because the layout you are using cant be displayed correctly by IE 6 (internet explorer 6 = sucks).

I had almost the same problem when I was making a layout for myself, and since its only 4-5 % people using IE6 i decided to redirect all IE 5 and IE 6 users to another page telling them to upgrade their web browser.. I also put a link with the website they should visit: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

If you want to redirect your IE5+IE6 users, you need to put this code in the header.tpl in themes. You need to put the code between the <head></head> tag:

<!--[if lte IE 6]>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=/ie6.html" />
[removed]
/* <![CDATA[ */
window.top.location = '/ie6.html';
/* ]]> */
[removed]

This tells the browser that if its IE 6 or below it should be redirected to /ie6.html, therefore u must create a page called ie6.html and put it in the root directory.

This is the only solution I know :) hope it helps.. Do not hesitate to ask something if you get problems :)