[SOLVED] Tabs - How to make visible in the "home" category again if you've removed them (& can't see the tabs menu to change back)

I've had my tabs moved around a bit and was trying to change them back. The "tools" tab was under the "home" menu but I moved it to the "preferences" menu. Well... now I can't view the tools menu (or tabs) to change it back. When I click on tools I don't have my options any longer. What have I done and how to I change the "tools" menu back to the "home" category if I can't even view the tabs?

You moved a top level item into second level, losing its second level items in the process. Unluckily the user interface to affect changes to the menus is one of those lost second level items so you cannot undo what you did from the administrative interface.

If you have access to your database, for example through MySQLAdmin, go to PREFIX_tab table (replace PREFIX with the prefix you are using) and ensure the values for the AdminTools row are as follows:

id_tab = 9
id_parent = 0 <-- current value of this column is causing the problem you are having
class_name = AdminTools
module = NULL
position = 10

or use the following SQL query:

UPDATE `PREFIX_tab` SET `id_parent`=0 WHERE `class_name`='AdminTools'

Then you should have your "Tools" tab back when you reload the admin interface. When you are editing tabs and subtabs, try to keep them at the level they currently are.