NO SHIPPING ON COD cash on delivery

SWD

Dear Forum members,

i am looking to get the COD option with out adding any shipping to it in the checkout flow, as i have just updated the wording on this to make it COC cash on collection, but dont want the shipping option to be added when the select cash on collection.

or is there something out there that can do what i need.

thank you

I had similar requirement and I worked around this by creating a carrier "Pay & Collect" which costs zero. Sadly, I could not find a way to limit it to a certain type of item or payment method w/o doing some ugly hacks so all customers get this 'shipment' options for all purchases. So, for a customer who chooses "Pay & Collect" shipment method and "CoD" (or CoC in your case) payment method only the item price appears on the invoice.

If you have handling fees, this does not work as handling fees apply across carriers, also there is a chance that a careless customer will choose a carrier that costs and CoC as payment method (requires refund for shipment); or Pay&Collect;carrier and a payment method other than CoC (requires a second charge for shipment).

If anyone has a better solution I would love to hear about it. I am really hoping a future version of PrestaShop will be more flexible in terms of carrier/payment method/free shipping etc for each item.