Checkout Addresses Workflow development

Hello,

I am developing a module (and theme now) to help with my specific shops workflows. The section I am having trouble with now is during checkout, I want to customize how the addresses fields are display.

1. I want the invoice address listed first, without the option to combine delivery address
  2. I want the delivery address to be split into two different sections. I have some items that are delivered to the customer themselves, and some items that by law MUST be delivered to a nearby shop for them to pickup. I have a table to track which items can be shipped to home, and which need to be shipped to a local shop for pickup. So, I am looking to split into "home delivery address" and "shop delivery address". 

I just need some direction as to what the "right" way to do this would be. Can I extend the CheckoutAddressStep class in my module somehow (have only ever added hook and templates from within my module before). Or, do i need to do an override somewhere? or is this something I need to define in my theme itself? 

Thanks!

So it turns out I cannot extend the CheckoutAddressStep class because it uses a namespace. It also turns out extending and overriding are the same thing (man I'm learning alot today). 

While I've learned alot about presta development, it all seems to be v1.6 and prior. How can I add the extra logic I need into the address step? Otherwise the ugly approach may be to use my module to override the template files and maybe call some of my modules functions to calculate the logic. I think it may violate the MVC separation, but it appears I cant change the M or the C in MVC anymore.