Greek wrong translations - SUGGESTIONS

Hi there,

I am new to prestashop and would like to let you know of some mistakes on the Greek translation:

CAPITAL LETTERS:
In Greek you do not use ' on top of the CAPITAL letters, you only use these on the small letters. Ie. Categories in Greek is Κατηγορίες in small letters and ΚΑΤΗΓΟΡΙΕΣ in capital letters (not ΚΑΤΗΓΟΡΊΕΣ - note the ' before the I). And the thing with the capital GREEK letters on the main buttons in prestashop cannot be changed in the Back Office by the admin! So maybe you want to change this and make it correct in the new release?

Sitemap in Greek translates to Χάρτης Πλοήγησης and NOT Χάρτις Πλοήγησης.

Dont know if these should be posted here but was not sure where i should inform you about this.

Keep up the good work!

• 2 months later...

Well the capital letters are easily fixed on line 865 of your global.css if your using the default theme.

I am having problems with the Invoice generation. and I know there are numerous posts around this forum about work arounds for using UTF-8 for PDF but they are not in ENGLISH!:-)

So if someone finds a solution in english on how to display/generate invoice's using the Greek alphabet that would be a great help.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Well the capital letters are easily fixed on line 865 of your global.css if your using the default theme.

I am having problems with the Invoice generation. and I know there are numerous posts around this forum about work arounds for using UTF-8 for PDF but they are not in ENGLISH!:-)

So if someone finds a solution in english on how to display/generate invoice's using the Greek alphabet that would be a great help.

Thanks!

HI,

Did you mean "text-transform:uppercase"? It is used widely and seems event responsible for data written to database.
I found capitalised Russian surnames showed wrong at the pages also written wrong into database.

Shall I just comment row or change it to "text-transform:none"? Every entries?

Thanx.

P

• 4 months later...