Shopping cart rule: apply discount to multiples of the offer

oakwood

I want to create a shopping cart rule (as opposed to voucher code) that applies a discount when an accessory is bought together with its qualifying product. That's actually easy to do and works OK, but I want the rule to work if the customer buys more than 1 of the qualifying product & accessory pairs.

At the moment, if the customer selects a qualifying product and its accessory then the discount is applied. All good. However, if the customer increases the quantity of qualifying products and accessories to 2 of each, then only 1 lot of discount is applied. I want it configured so a discount is applied for every instance of the combination, eg 2x qualifying products plus 2x accessories => 2x discounts applied. I set the Total available for each user to a high value just in case but this made no difference.

I'm guessing that the issue is that the discount is set to a fixed value and that Prestashop can only apply that value of discount and not multiples but if anyone knows a way round this then I'd be very grateful.

Edited by oakwood (see edit history)