Glitches with out of stock and discounts

sewingau

I set up my account to have a sale on a specific category. (catalogue rule) I also offer my customers a discount code for other products which is not combinable with catalogue rules..... If someone adds 1 coupon compatible item to the cart, the discount is taken off the WHOLE CART. I cannot afford for this to keep happening. Is it me or is there a website glitch?

Also I deny orders on out of stock products and all of a sudden I received a 'backorder'. ive checked all settings and I cannot find how this could happen. the stock says -2. This should not happen!

Please help.

I have fixed the first issue with some help from a web developer without another module. Thanks though!

the second issue I don’t understand how that can happen. Only one person was shopping at the time and the fabric sold out the day before. I only left it on the site for reference to care instructions etc. 

can I have this problem again if people leave products in their cart?

• 2 months later...
On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:48 AM, joseantgv said:

Hi!

For the first issue, is not possible to configure it this way. You would need to modify core or purchase a module.

For the second one, I think the problem is that customer already added the product to the cart before it was out of stock.

Whoops sorry....

I have still had things sell while they have recently gone out of stock... I have checked with customers and they haven't added to cart before they sell (something sold out early morning and they added to cart late afternoon... I don't know what to do.. I'm thinking I need to move my website elsewhere.

15 hours ago, sewingau said:

Whoops sorry....

I have still had things sell while they have recently gone out of stock... I have checked with customers and they haven't added to cart before they sell (something sold out early morning and they added to cart late afternoon... I don't know what to do.. I'm thinking I need to move my website elsewhere.

It's obvious but check that you don't allow purchasing out of stock products.

Then, have you checked that once product is out of stock you can't add it from any place?

And have you checked in table "ps_cart_product" that product was added to the cart after product was out of stock?