Integration between Prestashop and my application by WebService

Faisal

Hi,

I am new to PrestaShop and I work as a webmaster and FrontEnd developer, I also do some simple PHP coding/editing.

One of my clients have a warehouse and he mak a developer do an application for him to manage the warehouse and it is in ASP.

My client is interested online shopping to sell his products in retail to the end user.

So we talked with the developer who made the warehouse application and this is what he asked and I quote:

As the developer of our own warehouse and procurement system application, I am interested in extending its capabilities to offer online shopping of our products through your website as a front end.
I have reviewed Prestashop website and would like to use/integrate it with my application as it includes all the advanced features for online shopping. I have few technical enquires that will help me achieve this.

1. I would like to know the details of Prestashop product template fields used to describe a product, for example the description, the unit price, the image, etc.
My back-end application already has a template for the products and have all the products fully described using such template.
To avoid manual entry or duplication of data I would like to make my application template compatible with Prestashop's to automatically feed the information to the website.

2. What information Prestashop online system requires from my back-end application to complete an online purchase of my products.
Prestahop on the other hand is required to create a purchase order in my back-end application so that my company get the ordered product prepared and delivered to the client/end user.

In order to implement the integration between Prestashop and my application, I will provide the "WebService" with the functions needed in to order to complete this workflow cycle.

Thank you for your cooperation and I look forward  to your prompt response.

Kind regards,

Thanks in advance

Edited by Faisal (see edit history)