Need to change featured products description height

You need to change the following block in the /* Special style for block products in center column */ section of global.css in your theme's directory:

#center_column div.products_block p.product_desc {
   height: 9em;
   color: #595a5e
}

Reduce the height from 9em to whatever height you want the description. You should also reduce the height on line 6 of modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl so that the full height of the featured products block matches the reduced height of the individual rows:

{assign var='liHeight' value=342}

and reduce the truncate value on line 15 so that just enough text is displayed in the reduced space:

{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'}

• Like 1

One more help please, how to change the width and height of the images.

One more thing, right now products are showing 1 for each column, I'd like 4 products in each column, please help.

Go to Preferences > Images and edit the 'home' size. Change the width and height from 129px to whatever size you want, then click Save, then "Regenerate thumbnails".

I'm not sure that I understand. Do you mean that you have only one row of 4 products and you want to have 4 rows of 4 products? If so, you should go to Modules > Featured Products on the homepage v0.9 (in the Tools section) > Configure, then change the "Number of products displayed" to 16. Note that you have to actually assign 16 products to the "Home" category before 16 products will appear on your homepage.

I have followed below note and home page featured products images changed.

Preferences > Images and edit the ‘home’ size. Change the width and height from 129px to whatever size you want, then click Save, then “Regenerate thumbnails

I need to change products image size under the categories page also. Please help.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

You need to change the following block in the /* Special style for block products in center column */ section of global.css in your theme's directory:

}

Reduce the height from 9em to whatever height you want the description. You should also reduce the height on line 6 of modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl so that the full height of the featured products block matches the reduced height of the individual rows:

and reduce the truncate value on line 15 so that just enough text is displayed in the reduced space:

[url="{$product.link}"]{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'}[/url]

Let's say I want to change the height from 9em to 4em. What values should I put in

and

[url="{$product.link}"]{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'}[/url]

so that the full height of the block matches the 4em height?

• 2 months later...

}

hi!

thanks for the brilliant information.

i've successfully changed the 9em to 2.4em.

the original "home" page with featured products has changed as i want but one strange thing has happened, the bottom most part has a stretched gray area that extends from the featured products thus distorting the look of the page and pushes the bottom links far below it!

can you please advice me as to which page to open so as to be able to eliminate the stretching gray part and maintain the look of the page neatly and in a decent look!

i went through the {assign var='liHeight' value=342} on modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl as you have adviced, but after making some changes, the stretched pard does not disappear!

can you advice me as to what page to open and where to locate the height attribute that can reduce the height of the home page and eliminate the gray empty area that stretches at the bottom of the last featured products just before the bottom links!

on right clicking the page and checking the source, it shows me that the featured blocks area has a total height of style="height:1368px;" and if i change the height by lowering it to 1070px whilst viewing the source, the page pulls back and fits decently and seems to fit exactly and neatly though such does not affect the actual source file responsible for a related event, now, my concern is, where in the folders i can find the file(s) responsible for clearing of this problem if i have to go and change the height to eliminate that long stretched gray area at the bottom of the featured products?

thanks!

• 6 months later...