A service pack anytime soon!!!!

Hi everybody,
I have been testing prestashop for a week and i have experinced allot of bugs like sort by price/low bug, refund cash gives me an error Hack attempt (Order -> total_products = 0.0099999999999909) while trying to cancel order and give a credit slip, i can see that prestashop is really to work on but it needs a final release without this kind of bugs. And hopefully presta programmers are working on that, i know it is for free but for now i couldn't relly to start a serious business on Prestashop.

If you would have taken just 5 min. of your time to look arround this forum you would have goten the same answer from reading this topic: PrestaShop 1.1 - when?.

If everyone would just open a topic and shout their question without reading this forum first we will end up in a total mess.

This sort of rebuke is not something that should be posted in the forums. Be nice and send someone a private message that explains the forum system and not belittle them in an open forum. Just my .02

This sort of rebuke is not something that should be posted in the forums. Be nice and send someone a private message that explains the forum system and not belittle them in an open forum. Just my .02

I'm a moderator myself on 1 large forum and 1 small forum and let me tell you that private messages are fine when it's a personal thing, my message was not only at the TS but also to anyone who reads it.

I'm a moderator myself on 1 large forum and 1 small forum and let me tell you that private messages are fine when it's a personal thing, my message was not only at the TS but also to anyone who reads it.

I also moderate several forums and am a business professional "in the real world" and I can tell you that in my opinion your post was condescending.

I also moderate several forums and am a business professional "in the real world" and I can tell you that in my opinion your post was condescending.

Well, good-for-you, your entitled to your opinion so I hope your feeling much better now you have ventilated it ;-)

Condescending, patronising and rude. None of which are justified. If you want people to use the product, you have to realise that a friendly reception on forums etc is hugely important. Are you part of the Prestashop development team? Or part of their PR effort? If so, they need to re-evaluate! A great piece of software can be entirely spoilt by an unfriendly reception to what is after all an entirely legitimate question. Sure, there are other posts/topics where this is discussed, and any decent moderator would have simply locked this topic with a re-direct to the official response thread and a polite message about the reason why.
John

PS: I think you meant to say "vented" not "ventilated" ;-)

PS: I think you meant to say "vented" not "ventilated" ;-)

Hmm, you're right. Thats what happens if English is not your natural language.

Condescending, patronising and rude. None of which are justified. If you want people to use the product, you have to realise that a friendly reception on forums etc is hugely important. Are you part of the Prestashop development team? Or part of their PR effort? If so, they need to re-evaluate! A great piece of software can be entirely spoilt by an unfriendly reception to what is after all an entirely legitimate question. Sure, there are other posts/topics where this is discussed, and any decent moderator would have simply locked this topic with a re-direct to the official response thread and a polite message about the reason why.
John

These are so called selfmoderated forums. As a moderor myself and looking at these forums let me tell you that in the long run this will not work!
Even now it has already failed.

Not mentioning the lack of reply's from the PS-Team on PM's or questions here on the forums.
All this reminds me of how the osCommerce.com forums work (not).

As for friendly reply's: on self moderated forums this will in 90% not work for people who register just to put up topics with questions where they would have found the answer just by taking 5 minutes time to look and search.
Even on moderated forums you will have people that will only act if the get a less friendly reply.

Take a look yourself and most topics on these forums are in the wrong place or posted by someone registering and posting one question and never to return or replying in that same topic just to bump it.
Thats what happens with non or selfmoderated forums.