Random display of products in categories Prestashop 1.7.2.x

texxo

Hello guys,

i am trying to customize a theme i bought to suit my needs.

My current problem is that when i click on a category, the products are being listed with the same order each time.

I would like for them to be listed randomly but i dont know which file is responsible for this so i go and "touch it".

Any help or direction would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Nikos

Hey, 

i am on 1.6.0.9, 

in /classes/category.php

around line 603: 

public function getProducts($id_lang, $p, $n, $order_by = null, $order_way = null, $get_total = false, $active = true, $random = false, $random_number_products = 1, $check_access = true, Context $context = null)

==> replace  $random = false by $random = true , and also $random_number_products =30 or 50 ..

Hope it ll works

cheers

• Like 1

Didn't do the work, even if i put it out from the variables declaration.

Maybe it is also messing up with the options about the products listing from the back office and they are overriding it?

I don't know but it would be really nice to be displaying randomly the products in the categories listings that to always be the same items in same positions.

(gets boring)

• 3 years later...
On 11/29/2017 at 6:15 AM, col_vert said:

Hey, 

i am on 1.6.0.9, 

in /classes/category.php

around line 603: 

public function getProducts($id_lang, $p, $n, $order_by = null, $order_way = null, $get_total = false, $active = true, $random = false, $random_number_products = 1, $check_access = true, Context $context = null)

==> replace  $random = false by $random = true , and also $random_number_products =30 or 50 ..

Hope it ll works

cheers

Thank you so much dude, code is working :)

• 6 months later...