Redundant data to product description

Hi there,

When I paste data from other document (such as MS Word document...) to product short description, some time there is a redundant string added to the description:

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4....

That string displayed in the front office only (in back office I can not see it)

I tried at my home PC but you can see a live demo here:(search on Google)

http://www.i-styleclub.com/sme/manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=10
or here:
http://www.codes-sources.com/progonline.aspx

Those sites have same issue as mine, you can see that string below the product name (DELL_Latitude D600), but when you click product to see detail, there is no such string inside !!!
So where does that string come from? And how to eliminate it?

Problem 2:
Similar to above problem, but happen with product description.
There is a paragraph added to begin of the description:

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:VNI-Times; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:7 0 0 0 19 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:VNI-Times; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

This para is auto added to both short description and description (can see in both back-office and front office), that make the short description become too long and Presta will alarm an error, I have to manually delete that para then update product again.
How to eliminate that paragraph?

(I am using Presta 1.0 final and Mozilla)

Thanks.

I had another thought. Are you pasting the data straight into the Prestashop description editor or did you paste it into the html pop-up.
Try clicking on the "HTML" icon. This gives you a popup window. Paste your data into that html editor popup window
See how that goes.

You may also want to get yourself a decent html editor. MS Word and Frontpage are bloated with garbage code.

• 7 years later...

Hi, 

I'm new with this Prestashop. I have a problem with csv import in 1.6.1.6, in which everytime I tried to update the product (with the same product id), I found the product doubled (redundant with previous one). 

Prestashop 1.6.1.6 had been re -installed but nothing happen.

Hopefully this should had been discussed but I haven't found it yet.

thank you for your kind attention.