Custom product name and price in cart

baoquocmt159

Hello,

I'm using PS 1.7, how can I add a text bellow product name and change the product price in the cart?

Specifically, I used hookDisplayProductAdditionalInfo in my module, a tpl file called to display a input field on product detail page, when a user enter the text then add to cart, I want show this text bellow product information and calculate additional price for this text.

I searched very much on google but not have any ways.

Please help!

LXBnwSw.jpg

Thank so much!

Edited by baoquocmt159 (see edit history)

Price rules is the way to change prices. You can as example add a special price if someone orders more than one piece of the same product.

Additional "free text" is not possible without code changes. And it needed quite some changes to achieve what you want (like changing the object model, add a field to the database and change controllers as well as theme files).

Price rules is the way to change prices. You can as example add a special price if someone orders more than one piece of the same product.

Additional "free text" is not possible without code changes. And it needed quite some changes to achieve what you want (like changing the object model, add a field to the database and change controllers as well as theme files).

Hi,

I'm creating a module, which hook or some thing i can do this in my module?

Specifically, I used hookDisplayProductAdditionalInfo, a tpl file called to display a input field on product detail page, when a user enter the text then add to cart, I want show this text bellow product information and calculate additional price for this text.

Thank so much!

I never used the hook hookDisplayProductAdditionalInfo. Basically you can do anything. But you still need to enhance your object model and the database and the tpl files. I'd guess it would be much more changes needed than explainable in a forums thread. Most of all: calculation of prices changes according to a free text might be a big challenge.

I never used the hook hookDisplayProductAdditionalInfo. Basically you can do anything. But you still need to enhance your object model and the database and the tpl files. I'd guess it would be much more changes needed than explainable in a forums thread. Most of all: calculation of prices changes according to a free text might be a big challenge.

Ok thanks.