Problem saving combinations with prestashp 1.6.1.17

lamsari

I have been having trouble to save combinations since I updated my prestashop to 1.6.1.17

When I save combinations, the spinning round keeps spinning and spinning and spinning - never showing completion.

It does save combinations but never save completion.

Also, because of this issue, every time I have to match a combination with a certain product image ( this never shows completion), I have to just click on products - then back the specific product, and then to the next combination.

In other words, the process that I can just click 'save and stay' and then match the next combination with another product image - as I normally did with 1.6.1.16 and previous versions - can no longer be done in 1.6.1.17

Please help a fix or solution to this.

I put this issue in build.prestashop.com - no response from prestashop team.

Really bad that this 1.6.1.17 version has also be causing problem after problem. Too careless on the part of prestashop.

I have been having trouble to save combinations since I updated my prestashop to 1.6.1.17

When I save combinations, the spinning round keeps spinning and spinning and spinning - never showing completion.

It does save combinations but never save completion.

Also, because of this issue, every time I have to match a combination with a certain product image ( this never shows completion), I have to just click on products - then back the specific product, and then to the next combination.

In other words, the process that I can just click 'save and stay' and then match the next combination with another product image - as I normally did with 1.6.1.16 and previous versions - can no longer be done in 1.6.1.17

Please help a fix or solution to this.

I put this issue in build.prestashop.com - no response from prestashop team.

Really bad that this 1.6.1.17 version has also be causing problem after problem. Too careless on the part of prestashop.

This is normally a problem  when you install the Prestashop website on a servers with limited resources, especially max_execution_time limit.

You need to check that parameter and make sure it's long enough ( at least 60 seconds) or try to change your hosting/server to a better one with more resource

Hope this helps

I don't think it has to do with server resources at all.

Just tried on a server double the current resources. The problem remains. It is the only site on the server. It was not like that at all when using 1.6.1.16

Site is in cloudways - one of the better hosting for ecommerce including prestashop.

It has to do with the prestashop 1.6.1.17.  It may also have to do with the upgrade ignores the fact that many prestashop sites do NOT use basic template.

Prestashop 1.6.1.17 is just a very bad upgrade.

As usual, Prestashop team and staff are among the most careless and irresponsible people in this business.

Let me make it clear. This issue happens when saving a product listing with 3 combinations or more, and saving after editing a product listing with 3 combinations or more in prestashop 1.6.1.17

I find similar issue in a prestashop 1.7 that - even though it is hosted in a high-end server (high core numbers and high GB ram).

This is an issue that did not happen when using 1.6.1.16

Strong server isn't enough, the problem is if your hosting is completely compatible with Prestashop (especially Prestashop 1.7.x)

I fixed the similar issues for my clients just by increasing max_execution_time parameter in php.ini file (this is very common problem with hosting with limited max_execution_time)

Also you can check the server compatibility when installing a fresh Prestashop site (same version), make sure all check points are GREEN

Problem with saving a product listing with several combinations in 1.6.1.17 has to do with bugs in the update.

Nothing to do with sever LOL!  Max execution time has been tested up 1200 seconds. Still an issue. Caching, everything has been checke - not related to caching.

Regarding trouble saving edited listing with several combinations on prestashop 1.7  is 100% prestashop problem. It has been acknowledged by prestashop team. They have not had any solution to this yet.  It appears to me that you have not tried prestashop 1.7  - one that is so full of bugs.

I have been using prestashop for some time. Let's acknowledge, Prestashop is a crappy system. 

Problem with saving a product listing with several combinations in 1.6.1.17 has to do with bugs in the update.

Nothing to do with sever LOL!  Max execution time has been tested up 1200 seconds. Still an issue. Caching, everything has been checke - not related to caching.

Regarding trouble saving edited listing with several combinations on prestashop 1.7  is 100% prestashop problem. It has been acknowledged by prestashop team. They have not had any solution to this yet.  It appears to me that you have not tried prestashop 1.7  - one that is so full of bugs.

I have been using prestashop for some time. Let's acknowledge, Prestashop is a crappy system. 

I'm using Prestashop 1.7.x for many projects 

From 1.7.2 it has been a lot better (certainly bugs still keeps rising), but it's usable now for projects.

Regarding to your problem, I don't see it on any of my sites (both 1.6 and 1.7), so I still think it's a problem of server compatibility.

Have you tried to install a fresh Prestashop site with the same version on another hosting (from another hosting provider)?