Problem with Importing Categories

Hi,

I have this problem with importing updated categories cvs file and wish someone could help.

I imported csv file for categories. It worked fine. Then I imported csv file for products, and that worked fine too. Then I added a new category, updated and imported the csv file to the system. Now, here is the problem... While the category block on the top left of the frontend was still there, the block was empty. All 3 categories were missing (2 old ones, and 1 newly added one). I tried to import the updated category csv again, but this time with the delete all data box checked. With all these done, not just the categories, but even the category block disappeared! (pls refer to Categories-01).

I took away the new category which I had added, and imported the category csv file again (so this one was supposed to be identical as the very first one which worked fine). But the category block is still missing. In the back office >> Catalog, I can see the 2 categories which I have imported (pls refer to Categories-02), and the categories block is installed (pls see Categories-03).

So, would someone please tell me what I have done wrong? I searched in forum to see if there is a similar situation like mine before, but I got no luck. I wonder if I am the only one who get stuck with such problem. Maybe it's something silly that I have done :P

26920_QpgzndqJehKswoDt6FyH_t

26921_aCWThDMIkcSQw6Iq3DJ6_t

26922_Grnm6X1N5RBlssMISGo9_t

I have just noticed that the main category "HOME" has its name to the name of my first product. Does anyone have any idea what may this be caused by? Please help. Any guide or hint will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

26979_HC237fEiWd18pRFzWxOG_t

I had a similar problem. ID_parent =0 can make things disappear. It needs to be 1.
First things disappeared then I edited the SQL table XX_category XX_category_Group XX_category_Lang and XX_category_Product, delete all but one entry then re-imported got:

I got this happening now. Perhaps someone could explain how the tables are linked and what are valid entries for ID_Category, ID_parent, level_depth, ID_Group, ID_lang, position or refer us to another post.

BOOKS

* BOOKS
o BOOKS
+ BOOKS
# BOOKS
# 20TH CENTURY ENCYCLOPEDIA
# APOLOGETICS
# BIOGRAPHY
# CANON LAW

THANKS!