install 1.4 themes on prestashop 1.6

rezabaghaie

Your topic says 1.4 theme but in the question you mention 1.5. The lower the theme version the lower the chances that it works. According to our experience:

Appx. 90% of 1.5. themes do not work with 1.6.0.X without changes

Appx. 95% of 1.5. themes do not work with 1.6.1.X without changes

Themes which work or work partially do not work in terms of responsive design. Changing a theme however isn't a very good solution. We always recommend to start over with a complete new 1.6. design. And default bootstrap isn't bad. And its quite fast as well.

• Like 1

Your topic says 1.4 theme but in the question you mention 1.5. The lower the theme version the lower the chances that it works. According to our experience:

Appx. 90% of 1.5. themes do not work with 1.6.0.X without changes

Appx. 95% of 1.5. themes do not work with 1.6.1.X without changes

Themes which work or work partially do not work in terms of responsive design. Changing a theme however isn't a very good solution. We always recommend to start over with a complete new 1.6. design. And default bootstrap isn't bad. And its quite fast as well.

yes 

topic name was wrong

I want to install 1.5 on 1.6

there is not enough 1.6 themes in my language so I need to use 1.5 theme

what changes on theme source is needed for my problem?

Translation is one of the easy things in PrestaShop.

I don't understand why to choose a theme according to available translations. Translate it on your own.

Theme changes in terms of upgrading may depend on the choosen theme and its functionality.

Furthermore it depends on which 1.6. you are going to use. Some functions changed quite much between 1.6.0 and 1.6.1.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)