exclude subfolder from rewrite rules

anriuz

Need some help with excluding subfolder from redirecting rules in .htacces

e.g.   example.com is the shop site

i want to install crm in example.com/crm (i cant create subdomain crm.example.com - dont have access to domain registration)

what i have to write in the .htaccess to avoid rewriting for 'crm' subfolder?

If you create a subdirectory which has nothing to do with existing prestashop path, there is no need to change any .htaccess file. However when installing to separate systems one on webspace I alway recommend to do it this way:

prestashop goes into path /prestashoip
other-services goes into path /otherservice

instead of having one on root level and the other one under the first one. This way you make sure none of the system parts does get in conflicts.

The prestashop URL setting still can point to root regardless of your installation directory.

If you wan't to have a .htaccess which does nothing - try this AS THE ONLY STATEMENT in the file:

RewriteEngine On

Edited  by Scully

(see edit history)

If you create a subdirectory which has nothing to do with existing prestashop path, there is no need to change any .htaccess file. However when installing to separate systems one on webspace I alway recommend to do it this way:

prestashop goes into path /prestashoip
other-services goes into path /otherservice

instead of having one on root level and the other one under the first one. This way you make sure none of the system parts does get in conflicts.

The prestashop URL setting still can point to root regardless of your installation directory.

If you wan't to have a .htaccess which does nothing - try this AS THE ONLY STATEMENT in the file:

RewriteEngine On

Thanks, separate path sound greate. Is there easy way to distinguish it now? Just move to subfolder and change settings in seo/url in backoffice?

Need some help with excluding subfolder from redirecting rules in .htacces

e.g.   example.com is the shop site

i want to install crm in example.com/crm (i cant create subdomain crm.example.com - dont have access to domain registration)

what i have to write in the .htaccess to avoid rewriting for 'crm' subfolder?

the problem is example.com/crm matches a rule defined in .htaccess. The solution is you install the system inside a sub/sub/ folder (even sub/sub/sub folder) it won't match the rule and you can keep your Prestashop in your root folder