Importing client csv with MD5 passwords

saeyo

Hi everyone,

It's my first Prestashop project and I'm hitting some walls. I've done some researched on this but couldn't find an answer that works.

I'm importing a client database to prestashop 1.7.2 from a proprietary system where passwords were stored as md5 hash of user passwords.

I understand that prestashop works differently and does a md5 of a key concatenated with the user password.

So my question is, is there any work around this of I can import clients with their passwords?

If not, do you know any simple way to send out an email to every imported client so they can click and reset their password (and the store would give them a 10% discount if they do).

thanks so much for your help!

The main problem is the following: passwords in PrestaShop are encrypted and hashed with a salt. This salt is stored in the file settings.inc.php. You needed to choose the same salt there as the one which was used with the proprietary system. And the encryption must be handled the same way in both systems. If you can't fullfill this prerequisite condition, you will fail.

I also don't know if its possible to import users by CSV. However MySQL would do the job with no problems if the encryption question is solved.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)