Translations disapeared

hristo_hk

Hello,
I have a problem that can't find a solution. I hope somebody helps.

My shop is PS 1.6.1.15 with default bootstrap theme (some colour and style are changed manually via css).

Today I activated Extra manufacturer/supplier v2.2 module and wanted to translate some parts. I hit the translate button in the module. It went to translations and gave me:

Expressions to translate 0

Total missing expressions 0

I thought OK this module doesn't have anything to translate. But later today I tried to translate something else. This time I went via Localizatons>Translation. And everything (FO, BO, Modules, PDF etc.) gives me the same masage

After that I went to the FO and see that some part have lost it's translations.

I have tried to disable the module, clear the cache (shop and browser) and non of these helped.

It is possible that the problem is not connected to this particular module.

Any suggestion on how to diagnose the problem and how to solve it?

Translations are in files like fr.php or es.php. Every module has its own translations. You main shop translations are under your |/translations directory. You theme also has its own translations.

The first thing you should do is to check whether these files are still there and still filled with content. If not you could retrieve them from some backup.

Translations are in files like fr.php or es.php. Every module has its own translations. You main shop translations are under your |/translations directory. You theme also has its own translations.

The first thing you should do is to check whether these files are still there and still filled with content. If not you could retrieve them from some backup.

Musicmaster, thank you for your reply.

I checked the following files:

dir Translations/bg/

admin.php 5176 rows

errors.php 889

fields.php 33

pdf.php 100

tabs.php 115

theme>default-bootstrap>lang

bg.php 6 rows (en.php has 857)

I found 2 modules which translation files are empty.

I'll see what is the situation in the archive.

So I returned the apropriate file in theme>default-bootstrap>lang that was empty.

The other files were of modules that I don't have in the archive.

After clearing the cache of the store and the browser I can get to email translations and Field name translation.

The other (FO, BO etc) still give me the same messege:

I tried updating language translation. I see that it has changed some things in the FO, but still can't pass over this expression.

Some other suggestions?

P.S. I have installed English and Bulgarian. I have the same results on both languages!

Edited by farmacevta (see edit history)

Here is some more info.

I activated the debuging mode.

When I go to translation>FO default-bootrstrap

I get the following messege:

Warning on line 1269 in file   ...root/controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php
[2] preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: missing terminating ] for character class at offset 56

Help? Please

It looks like there is some error in your file. The best you can do is make a fresh installation of Prestashop of the same version and copy the problematic file(s) (AdminTranslationsController.php) from there.

The strange thing is that the file (AdminTranslationsController.php) is not modified from 17.7.2017. On 25.7.2017 I asked the hosting company to increase max_input_vars from 1000 to >7000. At this moment I'm sure it worked.

I'll try your suggestion and will write again.

It looks like there is some error in your file. The best you can do is make a fresh installation of Prestashop of the same version and copy the problematic file(s) (AdminTranslationsController.php) from there.

Well, this doesn't help too :( The message remains the same.

Any other suggestions?

• 7 months later...

Please HELP ME!!

All translations have disappeared into:
- Front Office translations;
- Back Office Translations;
- Translations of installed modules;
- Translations pdf

I can no longer do any translation!!

Thankssss

AH01215: PHP Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: missing terminating ] for character class at offset 41 in  ... /web/htdocs/www.../.../.../.../... /controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1269 : /web/htdocs/www.../.../.../.../... /admin2431/index.php, referer https://www.kerek.it/store/admin2431/index.php?controller=AdminTranslations&token=4810707c2f17a54fe138c7d5304230f1

AH01215: PHP Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: missing terminating ] for character class at offset 51 in /web/htdocs/www.../.../.../.../... /controllers/admin/AdminTranslationsController.php on line 1269: /web/htdocs/www.../.../.../.../... /admin2431/index.php, referer https://www.kerek.it/store/admin2431/index.php?controller=AdminTranslations&token=4810707c2f17a54fe138c7d5304230f1