Automatically deactivate/activate Products out of/in stock

Loxx

I was looking for a solution to activate/deactivate products that get out of stock or come back in stock...

Vekia has a nice solution with triggers here:

https://mypresta.eu/en/art/tips-and-tricks/how-to-disable-out-of-stock-product.html

Which i took to write a php skript, that I am executing as a Cron Job on the server... It is a little faster then the triggers and more reliable.

Here is the code:

<?php
ini_set('display_errors', 1);
$mysql_host = 'ENTER DB HOST';
$mysql_database = 'ENTER DB NAME';
$mysql_user = 'ENTER DB USER';
$mysql_password = 'ENTER PASSWORD';

$db = new PDO("mysql:host=$mysql_host;dbname=$mysql_database", $mysql_user, $mysql_password);

$sql    = 'UPDATE ps_product_shop SET active=0 WHERE id_product IN (SELECT id_product FROM ps_stock_available WHERE quantity=0);
UPDATE ps_product_shop SET active=1 WHERE id_product IN (SELECT id_product FROM ps_stock_available WHERE quantity>0);';

$stmt = $db->prepare($sql);

if ($stmt->execute())
     echo "Success";
else 
     echo "Fail";

?>

It basically runs the update SQL Query on the specified DATABASE.

Hope it is useful for someone out there...
cheers

product_stock_availability.php

Thanks for sharing this. Another way would be just to set the avaliable_for_order to zero. This way the products still remain on the front page but can't be ordered anymore. The SQL to do that looks like this:

$sql    = 'UPDATE ps_product_shop SET avaliable_for_order=0 WHERE id_product IN (SELECT id_product FROM ps_stock_available WHERE quantity=0);
UPDATE ps_product_shop SET avaliable_for_order=1 WHERE id_product IN (SELECT id_product FROM ps_stock_available WHERE quantity>0);';

This way the products also don't get lost by search engines.