Impossible to access Customer Service after setting up IMAP (v1.7.1)

pedrodiazmil

Hi everyone!

We are experiencing some problems with the Customer Service configuration menu. The story goes as it follows.

We are working with PrestaShop 1.7.1. We decided to configure the IMAP settings that you can find in Customer Service>Customer Service menu. After filling up the basic fields (user, mail, password...) and click on the button for confirmation, the backend took a long time to process the information... and failed with a server error: 504 - Invalid Gateway.

Now we can't even access the menu Customer Service>Customer Service in the backend, since is always giving us the same error. What we want to do now is disable the IMAP settings, letting it blank, but we can't do it from the backend so we tried to figure out where this settings could be stored in the database... No way. We can't find the table where this IMAP information is stored.

Do you know where this might be? If we manage to remove this value in the database, we assume the error will disappear.

If that's not the way we should be fixing this, what do you suggest we should do?

Thanks for your time!

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever figure out how to get into your Customer Service backend? I have a similar problem, I added the IMAP settings of my mailbox, clicked re-sync and now I cannot access any of the Customer Service mails nor can I remove the IMAP settings!

I thought it may be that my mail box had many 1000's of emails and Presta was syncing them all but I'm not sure, how can I reset the IMAP settings to regain access to my Customer Service messages?

I thought it may be that my mail box had many 1000's of emails and Presta was syncing them all but I'm not sure, how can I reset the IMAP settings to regain access to my Customer Service messages?

I'm pretty sure that's not the reason why this is happening. My email inbox is almost empty.

And regarding your last question, I'm affraid I'm as clueless as you are. I've tried to find out throghout our database these fields in order to remove their values, but with no success.

We'll appreciate if anyone can help us out with this.

Edited by pedrodiazmil (see edit history)

Go to your sql manager ( example phpmyadmin )

then for imap

SELECT * FROM `ps_configuration` WHERE NAME like '%imap%'
OR pop
SELECT * FROM `ps_configuration` WHERE NAME like '%pop%'

and you'll see the config value you need , put it to null or whatever you want.

* for you just put PS_SAV_IMAP_URL to null *
Edited by micropiles (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello,

just wondered if anyone can help.

I have been running ps 1.6.1.3 for several years and had no mail issues.

A few days ago I did a fresh install of 1.7 which was 1.7.6.

I am testing everything out and starting fresh.  I tried sending test messages from the email setup and got an error using the PHP Mail ().

I also tried using several email SMTP details and again errors.

Initially when using 1.6.1.3, I did have issues but I cant remember how I fixed it.

This new install is on a different server and I have contacted the host to make sure it is capable of PHP Mail and several test scripts confirm it's ok.

Looking at the messages above I thought I would check my PS config on 1.7.6 and can't find any instances of PS_SAV_IMAP in the db.

Is there any way of manually adding or are they elsewhere in 1.7.6??  Any help is appreciated as it's driving me mad!!

I have also changed the settings on the contact form which seems to be a common issue.

ttfn

screenshot-maldonjewellery.co.uk-2020.09.21-10_16_39.png

Hello

I have a similar problem with my back office customer service that I can no longer access since I changed the IMAP configuration.

While reading the posts above, I tried to delete the tables including imap in ps-configuration. But I couldn't find any!!!
I specify that I'm a novice and that I'm on a local version of my site to avoid making mistakes, but I don't think this changes anything in php.

Do you have a lead?

My site is in version 1.7.6.4

Thank you for your help.

Capturebugsav.PNG

I'm afraid I have not found anything new.

I have tried changing the table entries PS_SAV_IMAP....... to null and various other things to, to no avail.

I tried an update to 1.7.6.7 and that made no difference.

So, at present, I have no messages sent though Imap or php mail () from PS.

Outside of PS Imap works and so does php mail.

Hello again,

I have sort of accidentally found a way that seems to make my PHP mailer work.

I had found some more information about Swift mail and other peoples solutions.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find it in the locations that they had.

Eventually I found /vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/MailTransport.php

It was the only file I could initially find that had basic info about from, sender etc.

PLEASE PLEASE backup your files first before trying any of this.

For me in 1.7.6.7 line 232/233 ISH

Basically I put my own email address in the from.  This was just playing about seeing what result I would get from sending a test email.

I tried sending a test email using smtp and still errors, but using php mailer, ps reported "A test email has been sent to the email address you provided."

"Noooo" I thought, not possible.

Then the ping of an email received and yes it was the test email.

I looked at the from field of the email and it was NOT what I had typed in in the source.

I then reverted to the original code and tried it again, just to see if it was just luck that it was all working again but it showed error.

Sooooo, in conclusion, changing that code below, somehow, allows the php mail to work, for me.

I tried a test order and got the order notifications to seller and buyer.

If anyone is a programmer or maybe from PS, please look at this as I know there are many people that have issues with the mail.

1147950716_Screenshot2020-09-23165739.jpg.829dc8a52f00b72175344084437399fc.jpg