Unable to update settings

Hi,

Using 1.7.2.0

PHP 7, mem limit 1gb, max execution time 500 sec

When using configurable products with ~300-900 attributes, 9 out of 10 times Pretashop fails to save settings and gives error: "Unable to update settings"

The problem does not appear when saving the first time (right after generating configurations), the error only appears when editing items afterwards, like changing description, etc. it just gives this error, apache log gives no errors, debug doesn't help too. Sometimes if you hit save like 10 times in a row, it saves. Sometimes it doesn't.

Any ideas? I have seen same bug reported in other threads since 1.7.x but no solution. 

Can't even submit a bug on presta site as it is broken: http://imgur.com/a/WjimV

Edited by djixas (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

We had the same issue, as we installed the prestashop over the cpanel auto installer.

When we uploaded it via ftp, and installed it the error was gone. Some extra php extensions were requested.

I guess the auto installer from cpanel makes some error.

Hope this helps, as it took us a full day to figure this out.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are getting the same error but on only SOME products on our 1.7 version. I made a copy of a product that did not give the error and I made a copy of a product that did. I did not get an error updating the first but I did with the second. I've tried to compare the two products but for the life of me I cannot see the difference. I've turned on debugging and I cannot see the difference. It cannot be theme related because some do and some don't update on our cpanel install.

I've checked the logs and the error does NOT appear to be being added to the logs. (The updated one does).

Just found another possible reason for products created in 1.7.
Cutting and pasting from the description of another product, to a new product causes it not to save in Edge on win10 but fine in Firefox on linux. If you cut and paste just the line in Edge, it saves. (Need to get user to install other browser)

Is there an issue with line endings?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, we have same issues on 2 scenarios:

1- migrated My site to a new VPS and will not allow to update any products. This is a V1.7.2

2- created a new install for testing on a sub folder to discard possible VPS migration errors but same problems with updating products. This is a V1.7.5

2 different installs, 2 different versions, same problem... does anybody have a clue of what could be happening?

Have seen this issue on many forums w/o a solution, does any one know how to fix the problem please?

Thanks

juan

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

In my case, cache was the issue. If I just clear the cache from advnaced->performance everything is ok. 

I am using chrome and it works perfect.

*When it displays the message unable to update settings, on top of the page you should see the the error message (why the error occured)

• 2 years later...

After reading all the available threads about this error, the proposed solutions have not helped me, but they have led me to the path to solve the problem.

What has become clear to me is that this error is given for different reasons, but all with the same characteristic, wrong information in the product in which it fails, excessively long description texts, missing data, and in my case, assigned category but without defining it as main.

If you have same problem and no solution check if all the data of the product is ok and not wrong or missing.

For if it helps someone...