Major Sales Tax Bug - Please Advise

jscroggs

I've just realized that we have a major problem in Prestashop and I can't find any research as to how to fix it. Let me give as many details as possible.

We have our nexus in one state (in the US) and are only charging sales tax for that state.

We are using Authorize.NET AIM for our payment processing

Prestashop is properly calculating Sales Tax on those orders.

Prestashop is reporting that the orders are paid in full.

Prestashop is showing 2 payments for all orders that have the state sales tax on them.

The first payment is for the order itself, plus shipping.

The second payment is only for the state sales tax.

However, we are now finding that when we go into Authorize.NET, only the first charge is actually being processed and they are NOT even receiving the 2nd charge for the sales tax. So we have not been receiving ANY of the money for sales tax that Prestashop has been claiming to charge.

I don't believe this is a problem with just the Authorize.NET module since I found this thread where someone else had the exact same issue when using Paypal. https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/488602-paypal-expess-checkout-not-charging-tax-on-paypal-usa-canada/?hl=%2Bnot+%2Bcharging+%2Btax

Has anyone else seen this? Has anyone else actually checked their banking statements to make sure they were actually getting the money Prestashop is reporting?

You can see the two payments listed on the attachment. However, only 1 payment actually came through our Gateway and the order is showing to be paid in full.

post-987699-0-77404600-1501700521_thumb.jpg

Can someone please advise on this?

In digger a bit deeper on this, is PrestaShop able to actually handle sales tax? Here is an invoice that I couldn't be more confused over. Does anyone know if they have fixed these bugs in the recent updates? Are others having these bugs, and like us, haven't dug into the numbers deep enough to notice them yet?

post-987699-0-90773700-1501770973_thumb.png

Neither of the actual charges on the left correspond to ANYTHING on the right hand side of the screen.

1) Does anyone know why there are 2 different sales tax numbers listed on the invoice?

2) Does anyone know why it is attempting 2 separate transactions for payments? I'm pretty sure we "would" be getting charged doubly from Authorize.Net, "if" the charge for sales tax were actually going through.

3) Has anyone else had a similar experience to this?

I greatly appreciate any feedback.