Mobile Functionality

happymatt

I have a custom theme that was built on 1.6.11 and it doesn't work on mobile phones.  It's not responsive, and it won't let customers add products to their cart.  I need someone to upgrade the site to either 1.6.15 or 1.7.2 (or thirty bees?) if that would help, and most importantly fix the mobile theme to be responsive.  You can see my site at http://happymugcoffee.com    

I'm also wondering if anyone has a good solution for subscriptions.  We want to sell coffee subscriptions to customers and let them pick from several plans.  Customers should also be able to change their subscription or cancel it themselves, and Prestashop (or a third party software) would generate the invoices for us to fill at the appropriate time.  We use Stripe for payment processing. 

Feel free to contact me directly [email protected] or through this forum. 

Hi Matt,

I wouln't switch to PS 1.7 as many here in the forum. You could switch to 1.6.1.13 or maybe 1.6.1.15 but there are no major improvements in my opinion compared to your existing version. So the question is, does the effort pay out to upgrade if you don't have major bugs?

Your theme is indeed not very mobile friendly. Since the theme is very basic I would consider starting over with the default theme and adapt some visuals similar to your current design. Or buy a custom responsive theme which is near to your expectations. Trying to "upgrade" a theme you don't have developed and bring it up to current technique might end up in a nightmare. The fact that your theme is not responsive but your PS 1.6. was already developed with standard responsive design is one thing I would think over.

I am writing this because of own experience with a similar approache where it looked straight forward from a first catch. But when sticked deeper into the theme code, we wound houndreds of hacks, inline javascript where it shouln't be, hardcoded links, translations which didn't work, hardcoded HTTP protocol etc etc.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)