Slider doesn't work at 100% width

servetsarap

Hello friends, 

I'm using default theme with 1.6.1.15. When I remove theme configurator from the topcolumn hook, the slider goes to 100% width but I want to use the theme configurator too but when I add theme configurator to the hook, the slider doesn't work with 100% width. How can I correct this? You can see its photo as an attachment. Thanks.

post-1143790-0-79390500-1499382134_thumb.jpg

Hi,

you can try to set a larger width for the slider.

Modules --> Homeslider --> Configure

I can't test it right now because in my layout I've no slider in homepage. Hope it helps you.

Bye

Thank you for your reply.

I tried it but didn't work. I think the problem is with the codes. Because when I remove the theme configurator from topcolumn hook, slider works perfectly.  It seems like theme configurator has a code which limits the size of slider.

Edit: I've set the px's 1170x500 from the configuration of the module and all the photos have same resolution.

Edited by servetsarap (see edit history)

Right click on the image within frontend in your browser, then -> show image details.

If it is scaled down the browser should tell you.

Check CSS properties within developer tools in your browser. Maybe something is restricted by CSS?

Right click on the image within frontend in your browser, then -> show image details.

If it is scaled down the browser should tell you.

Check CSS properties within developer tools in your browser. Maybe something is restricted by CSS?

Thanks for your reply. I've tried to check it but I couldn't find (sorry for my low-knowledge about it). Is it possible for you to check the webpage?

Your images are scaled down to 780 x 333 px. This comes from from wrong settings.

<div class="bx-viewport" style="width: 100%; overflow: hidden; position: relative; height: 333px;">

This height restriction results in less width as well to maintain proper scaling.

• Like 1

Your images are scaled down to 780 x 333 px. This comes from from wrong settings.

<div class="bx-viewport" style="width: 100%; overflow: hidden; position: relative; height: 333px;">

This height restriction results in less width as well to maintain proper scaling.

I think these restrictions comes from the themeconfigurator module because I can use slider with 100% width when I disable it. Do you have an idea how can I remove this restriction? Because I have not PHP knowledge.

Best Regards,

I don't use the configurator and it would take some time to figure out why there is a restriction in height.

However I'd recommend to reduce the height of the images.

Why that?

If you would go to a height of 500px, your slider would need more height than I have available on a 14" notebook.

At current height, I can almost see 100% of the images. So optimum according to my opinion would be appx. 250 to 300 px in height.

Most of the sliders I saw have the same problem. They just need to much space.

And besides that:

I would completely disable the slider for mobile devices.

• Like 1

The slider is ok in terms of the technical issues discussed here.

But it is WAY TO LARGE. Look at the screenshot one more time.

I cannot see the full slider images unless I would scroll down.

Ok 14 inches is not the largest screen.

But shops should be designed to deliver a proper view on all kind of devices and screen sizes.

Yes, you're right. I looked it in the way you said and I can't see the full slider at 17" screen too. 

I'll decrease the height of the images as you mention then I think it'll be OK. 

Edit: I think 1170x300 can be good at desktop view but I scare it will be more smaller at mobile. It's even really small in its current view.

I see appx. 95% of height of the slider on my notebook.

And I see only one image.

You could try do decrease a bit of height between the very top black element and the logo, search field and cart.

Display on mobile is Ok.

And try to improve the loading time.

However you have pretty girls on your shop. Where can I meet them?