[SOLVED] Email not working please help

im hosting prestashop from my own server, everything works apart from the email part. i dont know how to fix it and looked all over this forum. it wont configure it th4 admin section, keeps giving an error saying check configuration, and on shop front, the contact us section it gives this error " Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\shop\tools\swift\Swift\Plugin\MailSend.php on line 160 " i think it something to do with my php.ini, could someone help me please

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I am trying to configure the mail function in a windows server running apache 2.2 and php 5.5.... is it true that the mail functionality with an SMTP configuration will not work in a windows machine. What should we do run prestashop in linux?.

We have prestashop 1.2.2 configured in our own hosting windows system, and a web domain redirected to this server, and the last step to get it to work is the mailing, and mail alerts functions... however without them we are not able to move our shop to production.

Any ideas on how can we get it to work with Apache 2.2???

Thanks a lot

• 1 month later...

Default PS will use a unix command called mail/sendmail to send emails, or use the internal php mail function. So that will not work on a windows machine.
Then you can decide to use smtp, but you need to have a smtp server running on your windows machine.
Try to install this : http://www.hmailserver.com/
And then use the correct smtp details of your ISP. You need that have the SMTP info otherwise it will not work.
You could try to use the SMTP details from a gmail account also. But watch out for the rules/regs for spam.

ys