PayPal API - How do I get rid of PayPal block/logo?

I have just embarked upon the setup of PayPal for my shop using the API module. I have found that enabling the module has inserted a PayPal advertising block/logo on every page. How do I get rid of it?

I already have the PayPal payment logo's in the footer of my shop which ties in much better with my theme.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Luke.

Yes, the paypal api displays a silly logo in the left column and also on the cart pages.
I tried deleting the hook (modules/hook position) but then the whole shop didnt function anymore.
I had to change the column.tpl file in the /modules/paypalapi folder.
(not very upgrade proof).

The logo on the cart page can be deleted from the hook positions (Modules > Hook positions>)

Yes, the paypal api displays a silly logo in the left column and also on the cart pages.
I tried deleting the hook (modules/hook position) but then the whole shop didnt function anymore.
I had to change the column.tpl file in the /modules/paypalapi folder.
(not very upgrade proof).

The logo on the cart page can be deleted from the hook positions (Modules > Hook positions>)

Hi, thanks for replying. I will give your suggestions a try.

I assume you mean that you just removed the reference link to the image within column.tpl?

Luke.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I managed to remove both paypal api logo's by editing firstly the column.tpl file located /modules/paypalapi folder.
The second logo that is displayed on the footer was removed by editing the blockfooterdata.tpl file located /modules/blockfooterdata.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

S.Carnes

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...