How to show Brands as filter in the faceted search block

prestashop.pp

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I think we found the cause of our problem.
The problem is that if you have one BRAND it will not bring it to the filter area.
Add more than two Brands, associate two different products and check again in the front.

You just have to study the module a little and understand how it works, so it is logical to do so.

Good luck !

Notify me if there are still any problems.

• 1 month later...

This appears to be a bug introduced in 1.7.2.x, also reported here : https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/622596-faceted-search-issues-prestashop-1720/

I have a new installation of 1.7.2.0 and my products have two features which I'd like to include in the faceted search block. First part of the problem is that new values are not being automatically added to the predefined feature values dropdowns when products are added with new values. I have to add new values manually to each feature. Second part of the problem is that none of the features will appear in the faceted search block, even though they all have multiple values.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, we have the same problem like nobulart here on PrestaShop 1.7.2.0.
See also my own topic: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/622596-faceted-search-issues-prestashop-1720/

The trouble came with 1.7.2. We have a lot of different faceted search values, but we can't add any new values or configure our products to use any new ones...
New Faceted Search value's will simply not be saved on the products...
When will this finally be fixed?
It has been over a month now...

It is not our cache either, because we disabled it.

It's just very strange behaviour?
Can someone please solve this bug?

Yup, I understand, but that's not the issue for us with adding brands...
I just updated to 1.7.2.2 but we still can't add new attributes / features to products..
We can add them in the list, but we can't apply them on products. :(

After saving attributes/features on products they just vanish again, like it's a cache of some sort causing it.
Cache is disabled (Xtendify) and all of this has never worked after upgrading to 1.7.2.x.
How can the back-end be failing like this?
What could cause this strange behaviour?

Edited by Shipsworld (see edit history)

I did not have this problem

Try to clean cache nginx.

- Talk to the hosts to help you, for cleaning

Yup, I understand, but that's not the issue for us with adding brands...
I just updated to 1.7.2.2 but we still can't add new attributes / features to products..
We can add them in the list, but we can't apply them on products. :(

After saving attributes/features on products they just vanish again, like it's a cache of some sort causing it.
Cache is disabled (Xtendify) and all of this has never worked after upgrading to 1.7.2.x.
How can the back-end be failing like this?
What could cause this strange behaviour?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6-11-2017 at 9:55 AM, Shipsworld said:

Nope. Wish someone would have some valuable info...? This has been an issue for a while now... :(

I even ended up resetting all rights of the PestaShop-installation on our VPS-server (CentOS 7, Linux) with this command (useable for instance by using SSH, and this shell command is executable in your ROOT-folder (most of the time hosters call this your /public_html, /home or /httpdocs folder)): 

find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \; && find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

All the rights of files would be put back on the FTP to 0644 and directories would get 0755.
This however does work for all the rights on files, but PrestaShop does not give a single thing about those rights in this matter.

So: I can only conclude that rights of folders and files is not the issue here....
Maybe it's a SQL issue?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...