Problem with Ordering Inactive or Out of Stock Products

infisual

I am using PS 1.7.1.1 and I am facing a major issue with shopping cart not updating quantities of products meaning it allows customer to order any item in the shopping cart regardless.

I have backorder disabled and deny order enabled in out of stcok, stock management enable, and no advance stock management

For example, if I have a product with active with attributes and lets say size Small had one piece. If two customers added the size small to their shopping cart since the attribute is active. One customer checked and completed the payment and order. However, the other customer can still order whatever was still saved in their shopping cart even with 0 quantities and can proceed to checkout and payment. I received "backorder paid" indication in backoffice.

I tested to make one product "inactive" but still, if the product was added to the cart before "inactive" was made, the customer can still proceed to checkout.

How can the shopping cart auto update quantities and status of all items before checking out. This is a basic function of all shopping cart platforms..

• 7 months later...