Adding a datepicker field during checkout and receiving its input (PS 1.6)

martr

Hi, everyone!

Our web site is renting out products so I need to add "from" and "to" datepicker forms to checkout. I managed to add the forms and figured I will receive the information by adding the date inputs to '#message' variable.

So in order-opc.js in

$('#message').blur(function()

I changed the data line to:

data: 'ajax=true&method=updateMessage&message=' + encodeURIComponent($('#message').val()).concat(encodeURIComponent($('#message_delivery').val()), encodeURIComponent($('#message_from').val())) + '&token=' + static_token ,

However it only saves the '#message_delivery' and '#message_from', but not the '#message' (referring in my case to the „from:“ datepicker input).

What am I doing wrong? How could I save all three inputs to #message variable?

PS. Here is the link to our web page: http://www.matkavarustuserent.ee/

Any help appreciated. :)

Edited by martr (see edit history)

I am trying another approach: to save 'Rent From' and 'Rent To' fields during Checkout into database.

What I have done so far:
1) Added rent_from and rent_to columns to ps_orders and ps_cart
2) Added in Cart.php on line 77

public $rent_from;
public $rent_to;

and around on line 132 inside 'fields' => array

'rent_from' =>                array('type' => self::TYPE_DATE, 'validate' => 'isDate'),
'rent_to' =>                array('type' => self::TYPE_DATE, 'validate' => 'isDate'),

3) Added in PaymentModule.php on line 333:

$order->rent_from = $this->context->cart->rent_from;
$order->rent_to = $this->context->cart->rent_to;

4) Added the fields for front end in order-carrier.tpl

The input is not yet saved to database. I understand I willl also need to modify the controller files, but I'm unable to find which one and how exactly. Can anyone help?

PS. I have found similar topics, but none that would apply to exactly my situation: adding a custom field during checkout for Prestashop 1.6

I looked more into my first approach (see first post) and figured it's not an issue with javascript, but with how I add the DatePicker. Because when I change the third input to regular text field, then everything works fine.

Here is the code from order-carrier.tpl:

<div>
	<p>{l s='If you would like to add a comment about your order, please write it in the field below.'}</p>
	<textarea class="form-control" cols="120" rows="1" name="message_delivery" id="message_delivery">{strip}
		{if isset($oldMessage)}{$oldMessage|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}{/if}
	{/strip}</textarea>
</div>
<script>
	$(document).ready(function() {
		$('.customDatePicker').datepicker();
	});
</script>
<h1 class="page-heading">{l s='Rental period:'}</h1>
<p>{l s='Please select at what dates you wish to rent the equiptment.'}</p>
<div class="required form-group col-50">
	<label for="date_from">{l s='From:'} <sup>*</sup></label>
	<input type="text" class="form-control customDatePicker" name="rent_from" id="rent_from">
</div>
<div class="required form-group col-50">
	<label for="message">{l s='To:'} <sup>*</sup></label>
	<input type="text" class="form-control customDatePicker" name="message" id="message">
</div>

While order-opc.js is

data: 'ajax=true&method=updateMessage&message=' + $('#message_delivery').val() + ', ' + $('#rent_from').val() + ' - ' + $('#message').val() + '&token=' + static_token ,

When the inputs are 'Rebase', '22.06.2017' and '25.06.2017', only 'Rebase, 22.06.2017 -' is saved to database.

Edited by martr (see edit history)