Online tutorials

unet

Hello

I want to sell online tutorials.  I want the clients to buy the tutorial and receive an e-mail with the link for the tutorial user name and password but I am not sure how to do it.

Hi,

You can use the Virtual Product option during product creation, once you select the product type : virtual product you will see a new tab appears and give you the 

option to add files: PDF,  ZIP, etc.

Read this guide : http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Managing+Products#ManagingProducts-CreatingaVirtualProduct

Hi

The virtual products in my understanding it allows only a file. I want the costumers to be redirected to various html files with videos embedded, there folders and other files associated to to the html files.  I want the costumers to stream the videos not download them.

Edited by unet (see edit history)

I think it's better to create a new YouTube channel to sell your tutorials. Because in this way people get to know about your tutorials and you can sell easily.

Hello

To put a youtube video you would need a html file with the youtube video embedded, I would still have the same problem on the store, there is no place to put a link to a web page.  Another thing is that you tube is limited, it does not have interactive simulations and multiple choice. 

I used to do just that with Moodle. Worked perfectly. I ran online ICT training course that customers would sign up for and then be able to download PDF worksheets, watch videos, take assessments

I used to do just that with Moodle. Worked perfectly. I ran online ICT training course that customers would sign up for and then be able to download PDF worksheets, watch videos, take assessments

Hello

Thanks for your help. Does Moodle have a e-commerce plug in or something to charge for the videos?

Hello

Thanks for your help. Does Moodle have a e-commerce plug in or something to charge for the videos?

I think I used PayPal if I remember correctly

My question is does moodle provide selling/buying options or is just a e-learning plataform.

PayPal can be integrated in to Moodle. I don't remember the detail, but customers could see the name and details of a training course and then sign up for that course. During the sign up they would make a payment via PayPal (all integrated). They would then be able to log in and see the course they had signed up for.

Moodle is open source, so if you have a server you can install and have a play. Their support forums are very good

To send private urls this module would help: http://ndiagasoft.com/en/modules-/11-order-status-notice-product-private-url.html

And I have also a video streming  module that I developed for a client maybe it will help you to.

I installed the module and asked me for configuration... It has let me confuse, it ask me for subject and message. Does this means that for all products is going to have the same message. I have more than one product and each one has a link.

• 4 weeks later...

No, this message is for all email you sent to the customer when they receive the private URL.

You can put things like:  " Subject: Your tutorial from website.com "

"Message:  here is the list of files you requested.  "

And you have the url down.

This message will remain for all products.

Open any product you will see the tab where to put the private URL.

You will add the private URL not the module configuration page but the product admin page see down you will a new tab corresponding to the module name.

Hello

I installed the module, configured, but when I purchased the product there is no link sended to the email address. actually on the cart there is no option to put email. Is this module compatible with version 1.7.1.2?